Thursday, March 10, 2011

A sight to behold

So there I am, it’s a cold night and the near full moon is casting a bright blue light through the canvas of the tent. With my woolly hat and socks on I have crawled into my sleeping bag. The batteries of my flashlight are dying fast and the cardboard box on my knees is getting heavy. There is a purring coming from the box and a soft paw is reaching for my finger. In the dim light I see something glistening and the purring becomes louder. MyoMyo is giving birth tonight, right here right now.  

It is like a bizarre X-Mass scene, the ox and ass are cats and dogs and no wise man here just a silly woman and a snoring man and no star of Bethlehem just a failing flash light.

I can’t keep my eyes off this serene scene. MyoMyo does not seem to be in any pain just the need to push, she does not have the need for privacy, we are all family here. We are all welcome to watch and purr with her. Flow is falling asleep her head resting on the box, NaNa want a better view and scoots on over, cats walk in and out of the box, there is grooming and purring and some snoring in this tranquil tent. 

What a gift to get on this cold night. Eventually I too fall asleep, but not before I found a save place for the box and its precious cargo, right next to my pillow covert by my woolly blanket to keep some warmth in and in the morning a proud mum shows me her four kittens, the look just like her, black and white, only a few sizes smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment