Saturday, January 28, 2012

I Mind - Mind You

When I looked at mind I saw is was a four year old child trapped in a archivist body, stuck in a stuffy archive. It was constantly asking: “why?” and diligently filing away the questions, not knowing what to do with incoming answers. The archivist sorted them out by category: religion – nonsense – science – junk mail all the while the child kept nagging “why?”

I gave mind a pacifier and told it that the answer to “why?” is always “to learn!”. That freed the child and it went out to explore. The archivist now had only one stack of answers and that cleared the mind. The archivist however was not content and needed another category to file things under, for that is what it is there to do. The archivist created a new question: “what?” and took the old stacks religion – nonsense – science – junk mail and was very content it could file things away again.


I pat it on the head and let it be and I go out with the child and explore some more, not bothered with the why or the what.

Who I am? I am you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment