Sunday, January 24, 2010

Process vs. Result

After thought.
I’m not very result driven, in fact I have a hard time finishing what I start. But I’m a sucker for process, I jump at any change of finding out how something works, be it a machine, how artichokes are grown, a hat is made or how mind works. Process is what makes me tick. I stay away from competitions, be it in sport or in the workplace. I never know where I’m going, I don’t have a place I want to be, a career, a position or an end result, (this last statement is not a 100% accurate, but it’s pretty close). Being very process driven has its perks, The act of judging become a process of weighing. I picture an old fashioned scale, one with two dishes, one on either side. You put the artichokes on one side and weights on the other side, and watch the needle find the center. So the result you are looking for is always balance.

Wait, I have to think about this some more,.... does this mean I am result driven after all?

No comments:

Post a Comment